Coronavirus (COVID-19) Berwick Ophthalmology Clinic
as of 21 3 2020
The situation with the Coranavirus (COVID-19) is changing rapidly. Given the rapid changing nature of the the virus and the impact it is having locally and overseas, it is challenging to keep up to date and make decisions, as they may need to modified with 24 hours or even less. The situation may change rapidly depending on decisions made by the Federal Government.
This presents challenging times for everyone , we at Berwick Ophthalmology Clinic take the well being and health of our patients, staff and doctors very seriously.
We have taken measures to reduce the risk of infection.
If you attending the clinic you will be asked the following
- Have you travelled overseas or returned from overseas in the past 14 days?
- Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Do you have fever, flu-like or respiratory symptoms (cough, sore throat, sputum, shortness of breath), fatigue, myalgia (muscle pain), headache?
- Do you have symptoms of conjunctivitis?
Please contact the rooms on 03 9768 9711 to discuss options and having appointment re scheduled later. TELEHEALTH Medicine may be an option.
In addition to the above screening we are doing the following.
- Have adjusted waiting room chairs to keep patients separated.
- Patients use hand sanitizers when entering the rooms available at the front desk reception.
- If you prefer, you may wait in your car and staff may call you when it is your turn to see the Orthoptist or Dr John Gioulekas. Please let the front desk staff that you have arrived and that you prefer to wait in your car until it is your turn.
- We are tryimg our best to space appointments further apart.
- We are regularly cleaning chairs and equipment following patient consultations.
- When on the slit lamp being examined by the Orthoptist or Ophthalmologist, we strongly suggest not to talk during this part of the examination.
- Social distance of 1.5m if feasible.
We are currently trialing telehealth medicine so it may possible to have video conference with Dr John Gioulekas through one of the mediums such as Facetime, Zoom or Skype. Please discuss with our staff to see if this is a suitable option for you. There are some limitations with this system. Please call the rooms on 03 9768 9711.
Here are some useful links.
Australian Government Department of Health
Coronavirus (COVID-19) health alert
Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmology (RANZCO) COVID 19 Information.
Temporary telehealth items for COVID-19 MBS Online Department of Health.