Just attended the Synergeyes 2018 meeting held at The Westin Sydney from the 30th of June to 1st of July 2018.
Topics covered include.
Session 1: Optimising refractive outcomes.
- Optimising refractive outcomes: astigmatism management.
- IOL selection. Refractive targets with individual patients.
- Is lens based surgery better than corneal refractive surgery.
Session 2: Is Glaucoma the new astigmatism.
- The paradigm shift in glaucoma: transitioning to active monitoring and early intervention.
- Treating mild to moderate POAG patients.
- Does MIGS work: what does the evidence say
- Does supracillary micro-stenting affect refractive outcomes.
Session 3: Complex case management vitreoretinal surgery.
- Role and timing of vitrectomy for endophthalmitis.
- Current management of epiretinal membrane.
- Management of VMT.
- Secondary intraocular lens implantation.
Official launch of Clareon AutonoMe. Automated injecting system with utilization of a CO2 cartridge..
Session 4: Cornea and complicated cataract case management.
- Corneal diseases a snap shot. Also RANZCO warning on stem cell. Find link.RANZCO 5 questions to ask about stem cell treatment.
- Corneal cross linking.
- Corneal graft procedures
Session 5: Cataract and glaucoma surgery considerations.
- IOL formulae – new generation formulae and how they work
- Management of residual refractive error post IOL implantation.
- How do you plan a post refractive patient for cataract surgery.
- Cataract surgery in eyes with irregular corneas.
This is just a summary of the topics covered. This is a general information and does not replace discussing your eye condition with an eye care professional.
Dr John Gioulekas
Berwick Ophthalmology Clinic
78 Gloucester Avenue
Phone. 03 9768 9711